Subject: LW SMPTE counter
From: "Eric Gooch" <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 00:04:16 -0700

***   LightWave SMPTE Counter   ***

I've uploaded a scene file to the ftp site tomahawk.grandi.com:/pub/LW
/incoming/scenes called LW_SMPTE.zip.

It's a quick and dirty "counter readout" scene that can be used in LW to
give you feedback on the time status of your animation. It's basically nothing
more than a series of timed rotating wheels that show the current elapsed time.

I was working on a long animation that was timed to a series of songs, and the
client requested a readout of minutes/seconds/frames. Although the Data Overlay
Label is available within LW itself, it wasn't what I really needed, so I put
this together. I figured although it was really simple to do, I might as well
share it since it was done.  

The whole thing is parented to a null, so it can be rotated/sized etc. The
default scene length is 18,000 frames (ten minutes) but if you do a "Load from
Scene" it will cut off to the length of your existing scene.

Not only does it give you a readout of your scene timing, but it's a great
eyesore that if used in a really obvious way will keep any potentially cheesy
clients from using your test animations as finals.   8^)

Hope someone else finds this to be of use!

-Eric Gooch
Westwood Studios